At the heart of Lizzie Stere Interiors' design service is the focus on incorporating sustainable design into every project; from re-using as much as possible from an existing scheme, to sourcing materials and items that are kinder to the earth and from companies where sustainability is at the heart of what they do. Local tradespeople are employed where possible, and a premium is placed on sourcing locally made goods and those manufactured in the UK. Natural materials and environmentally friendly paints are also high on the list; We like to use wool and wood flooring where possible alongside organic cotton and linens, recycled fabrics and preloved quality pieces of furniture.
We love mixing vintage and new items in our schemes, and this allows us to keep a circle of sustainability in our work as well as to create authentic design. We will happily repurpose or re-home unwanted items for our clients, and will scour antiques and vintage shops and local dealers to find unique and stylish pre-loved pieces that are ready for a new life in their homes.
We work closely with our clients to be kinder to the planet with these five pledges:
- Select environmentally friendly paints without harmful VOCs
- Recommend wool and natural carpets and rugs
- Source or refurnish vintage and preloved large items of furniture to reduce impact on environment
- Employ local tradesmen and specialists where possible
- Upcycle or re-home unwanted items